XMM-Newton Science Analysis System
dal (dal-1.181.1) [xmmsas_20070308_1802-6.6.0]
Meta Index / Home Page / F90 DAL API / API Overview
A data set can be accessed and released again with the following procedures:
- dataSet Returns a data set handle, given the name of the dataset and the access mode.
- release Release the data set again. The program should do this as soon as the set is no longer needed.
A data set has an associated set of attributes.
The following procedures can be applied to a data set:
- addTable Add a table. Requires the name, the data type and shape of a cell and the number of rows
for the new table.
- addArray Add an array. Requires the name, the datatype and the shape of the array.
- table Given a block number or a name, returns a reference to that table.
- array Given a block number or a name, returns a reference to that array.
- block Given a block number or a name, returns a reference to that block.
- blockNr Given a name, returns the number of the block with that name.
- deleteBlock Deletes a block. Requires the block number or name.
- numberOfBlocks Returns the nr of blocks in the data set.
- name Returns the name of the set.
XMM-Newton SOC/SSC -- 2007-03-08