XMM-Newton Science Analysis System
dal (dal-1.181.1) [xmmsas_20070308_1802-6.6.0]
Meta Index / Home Page / F90 DAL API / API Overview
A table is a block that consists of a set of
columns, each of which has its own data type.
A table can be accessed and released with the following procedures:
The table number can be found from its name with the blockNr function.
- table Returns a handle to the table. Requires a data set handle, the table name of number and the access mode.
- release Release the table again. The program should call release as soon as the table is no longer needed.
Columns in a table are accessed by name or by number. The number can be found from the name with the columnNr function.
The following procedures can operate on a table:
- addColumn Adds a column and returns a reference to the new column. Requires the name, the data type and the units for the new column.
- column Given a column number, returns a reference to the column.
- columnNr Given a name, returns the number of the column with that name.
- deleteColumn Deletes a column. Requires the column number.
- insertRows Inserts rows into the table. Requires the starting position and the number of rows to insert.
- deleteRows Deletes rows from a table. Requires the starting position and the number of rows to delete.
- copyColumn Copy a column. Requires the column number, a reference to the destination table and the new name.
- numberOfColumns Returns the number of columns.
- numberOfRows Returns the number of rows.
- copyRows Copies rows. Requires the row number to copy from, the row number to copy to, and the number of rows to copy.
- insertRows Inserts rows, containing arbitrary values. Requires the row number where to insert the rows and the number of rows to insert.
- deleteRows Deletes rows. Requires the row number of the first row to delete and the number of rows to delete.
XMM-Newton SOC/SSC -- 2007-03-08